25Live Quick Guide (May 2020)
Enter your Calvin username and passphrase. (E.g. email@example.com)
There are two ways to reserve a space on campus.
Express scheduling event (right side of screen)
For quick reservations of simple rooms (no setup needed, no catering) use this option to help you quickly book a space.
- Choose this if you are planning a basic meeting not needing any setup, cleanup, AV or catering.
- Place your cursor on the location box to see what spaces are available for express scheduling.
- If your desired space is there fill out the four fields, click “Save” and the space is yours.
For room requests that are more complicated (special setup, AV, catering, physical features of a space) choose either Create an Event button or See Available Locations button the left side of your screen.
Create an event
1. Enter “Event Name”
- 40 characters maximum including spaces.
- Be specific, clear and accurate. Example: concert, practice or movie.
- Avoid using acronyms.
- Event title — needed only if you want to expound on the Event Name.
2. Select “Event Type”
- Select from the scroll down menu.
- Choose an event type — cannot be changed once the event is saved.
3. Select “Primary Organization for this Event”
- Begin typing the name of the organization or department responsible for your event. Select from the choice(s) displayed.
4. Event description
- You may enter additional basic information about the event that you’d like us to know in this box. Provide detailed description highlights (Who, What and Why). Let us know what sort of setup or resources you may need if you don’t want to choose them later in the process.
5. Select your “Event Date and Time”
- Choose the event date and enter the start and end time of the event.
- Add additional hours for early arrival, if you need setup time or expect guests to stay late.
6. Additional time
- Add additional hours for early arrival, setup, or if you expect guests to stay late.
7. Event repeats
- Choose your recurring or ad hoc dates if your event repeats.
8. Add your expected head count if you have a rough idea.
9. Select your “Event Location”
- Search — type your preferred location name and click search. Use building codes to narrow down the building search (E.g. HH for Hiemenga Hall). Entering the room number is often more successful than using the name or code.
- Once you have found your desired space, choose Request.
- If it is unavailable at your specific date/time it will say “Unavailable” and you will not be able to request it. Consider picking a different space or changing your date/time if that space is important to you.
10. Add “Event Resources”
- You may choose resources if you’d like, but often it is simpler to leave this blank and just tell us what you need in the “Event Description” box near the beginning of the form or the “Comments” box at the end of the form.
- Once you have found your desired resource, choose Request.
- Browse resources by selecting among resource searches or index of names.
- Resources available include Catering (Food Service), Building (room setup), Audio (technical needs) and Calendar (if you want your event to appear on the Calvin web calendar).
- Enter specific needs in the setup box under the assigned resource.
- Select multiple resources by event occurrence.
- Click Modify Selected Occurrences to complete details for each occurrence of a resource.
11. Select Contacts for the event
- Choose your name or the name of the person you are making the reservation for as the Requester.
12. Choose if you want your event published to the university web calendar.
13. Read the Affirmation and check if you agree.
14. Click “Save”
- This is a critical step in the event request process!
- Once you have completed your event request and entered all of the necessary information, click the “Save” button.
- “Your event has been successfully saved!” will appear at the top of the event wizard.
- Please completely finish the event request process by clicking ‘Close’.
- Your event is now sent to Event Services where someone will review and approve or contact you with questions if needed. Once you receive an emailed confirmation from someone in Event Services, you’ll know your event is confirmed.
If you’d like to change or cancel an event, please contact Venues at Calvin at 562-7045.
If you want to view all of the spaces in a building to see what space is available to you click on the “See Available Locations” button on the home page.
- Click on the blue “Your Starred Locations” button and choose a building/area on campus
- Under the blue button you can change your date and time by clicking on the date that is displayed.
- From there you can see which spaces are available for you to reserve as well as details about the spaces.
Please contact Venues at Calvin at 562-7045.