Community Dining Plans are intended for residents of Knollcrest East and off-campus students. Our hope is to enrich and extend the sense of community here at Calvin by offering affordable and flexible dining options for commuter and upperclass students.
Compare your options
- 30 meals over the course of the semester
(average of 2 meals per week)
- No Knight Bucks
- $220 per semester
- 60 meals over the course of the semester
(average of 4 meals per week)
- No Knight Bucks
- $430 per semester
- 100 meals over the course of the semester
(average of 6–7 meals per week)
- Includes $10 in Knight Bucks
- $710 per semester
- 150 meals over the course of the semester
(average of 10 meals per week)
- Includes $20 in Knight Bucks
- $1030 per semester
A few things to note about the Community Dining Plans:
- When signing up for a Community Dining Plan, note that it may take up to 24hrs for your request to be proccessed. Please plan accordingly with the Housing Department.
- At the beginning of each semester you must choose a new meal plan, they do not automatically roll over. Because many upperclassmen travel for spring semester, we will not assume that you want a meal plan second semester unless you request one.
- If you purchased a Fall meal plan please note that this plan will also need to get you through Interim. Many students travel for second semester so we build Fall and Interim plan together.
- All prices are for 2019–20 school year and are subject to change in following years.
- You may only pick one block plan per semester, so be sure to choose a plan with enough meals!
- In the event that you run out of meals, you may add more in increments of 10 for $80. Changes can be made in the Housing office, located in the Student Life Office within the Spoelhof Center.
- Meal plans may be used in ALL traditional dining halls, Commons, Knollcrest and Uppercrust, as well as for select combination packages at Johnny's.
- Meals may be used for any meal period on any day of the week in which the dining halls are open.
- Meals can be shared with other students only if they dine with you (Multiple meal deductions are allowed on the Community Dining Plans).
- Unused meals do not roll over to the following semester (though Fall meals will roll over into Interim).
- Fall community dining plans will end on January 28, 2020.
- Spring community dining plans will begin on February 3, 2020. However, you must specifically order a Spring meal plan even if you had a Fall plan.
Running low on your block plan before the end of the semester?
Students are able to purchase additional blocks if they run low before the end of the term. They can purchase additional meals in increments of 10, 20, or 30 at the Housing office or email email@example.com.
Still want to know more about the Community Dining Plans, including answers to frequently asked questions? Click here to read our FAQ page.
To get in touch regarding the Community Dining Plan, or for any other questions, please contact Housing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 616-526-6120.