What is Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)?
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) is a set of digital mental health tools, available for free to Calvin students. The program includes over 150 brief, effective, educational sessions covering over 50 common topics and skills related to mental health, wellness, and substance use issues. TAO modules are comprised of interactive sessions, mindfulness exercises and practice tools all aimed at helping you achieve your goals. Click here to view and link to TAO modules (using your "calvin.edu" email address, not "students.calvin.edu").
How to register for TAO
- In your browser window, navigate to https://us.taoconnect.org/register.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and your "calvin.edu" email address (not "students.calvin.edu").
- Create a password and confirm your password.
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank, unless you are working with a CCW counselor (in which case you can enter their last name as the enrollment key) or have been provided with a different enrollment key by a Calvin staff member.
- Click 'Sign Me Up'.
- Check your email. You will be sent a Welcome to TAO email with a confirmation link which you must click on to sign in.
Getting started with TAO
Use the TAO Assistant chatbot or browse content to explore materials that are specific to your particular goals, or click here to view and link directly to TAO modules. If you have difficulty along the way, you can contact the Center for Counseling and Wellness (email@example.com) or TAO Connect (firstname.lastname@example.org) for support.
Download the TAO mobile app
For Calvin staff/faculty
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) provides students with the tools to learn emotional resilience, including modules on stress, relaxation, communication, anxiety, depression, and many other relevant topics. Professors and staff can access the program at no charge, including the ability to assign content and monitor student completion through the gradebook feature. If you are a Calvin professor or staff member interested in utilizing TAO content with students, please contact the CCW office for instructions.
In Their Own Words
TAO has been a space for me to talk freely about challenges and be honest with both myself and another person. I was also provided with lots of information about mental health to help me process things better.” Calvin student
TAO therapy has helped me to think or reflect more on better ways to handle my stress and anxiety throughout different areas of my life.” Calvin student