- How to hire a student employee
- Create a job requisition and post the position on the student jobs site in Workday (on-campus jobs are no longer posted on Handshake).
- Review applications and interview candidates.
- When you have selected a final candidate, move the selected candidate forward to “Offer” in the Workday Recruiting dashboard and send them a job offer with position and wage details via Workday.
- Candidate needs to accept offer in Workday.
- After offer is accepted, check your Workday inbox for message to launch onboarding, which sends required forms to candidate in their Workday inbox.
- Candidate completes new hire forms in Workday and meet with HR representative for I-9 document review.
- After all new hire forms and I-9 review are completed, you will receive a notification in Workday letting you know the new hire is ready to start working.
- New Hire must complete New Student Employee Orientation (if it’s there first time working on campus) and Environmental Health & Safety Training within the first week of employment.
For more information on how to do each step in Workday, review the Job Aids Library.
- Hire a Calvin student
Are you looking to hire a competent individual for a short- or long-term position? Calvin students are ideal candidates to do many types of jobs. Use Calvin's job-posting board, Handshake to share your position, or use another method listed below.
We have selected a small number of non-profit employers as preferred Work-Study partners. Students hired by these non-profits are put on Calvin’s payroll, and the Work-Study program pays 75% of minimum wage. The non-profit is billed for the remained of the student's wages. Contact Courtney Banks-Tatum (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about this program.
- Calvin University's Employer Statement of Liability
Employers who use this system agree to provide a safe and appropriate work environment for students and alumni and agree to follow all applicable laws. Employers recognize that if a job seeker raises concerns about a job posted on this site, the employer’s job and/or account may be deleted.