What to do on your first day of work
- Confirm the hours you'll be working.
- Become aquainted with the department's policy on attendance, lateness and illness.
- Learn how to enter your hours online.
- Understand the timeframe for submitting Web time hours.
- Confirm the date of your first paycheck.
- Confirm the frequency of your paycheck.
- Become familiar with the wage scale.
- Ask about performance appraisals.
- Purpose and use.
- Be sure to receive a copy of your job description.
- Understand the appropriate dress code for your position.
- Become familiar with the office work flow.
- Learn special office procedures.
- Become aquianted with how to use the office telephones, computers, office equipment, supplies, etc.
- Read the Student Employment Manual.
- Inquire about how to handle confidential issues within the department.
- Be aware of global college issues.
Read more about specific student employment polices in the Student Employment Manual.