Career planning and decision-making is a lifelong process of understanding yourself, exploring possibilities and making decisions/taking action. Explore your options in a variety of ways.
- Get to know us before you need us: visit the Career Center during your first year at Calvin
- Investigate typical career paths with various majors
- Review internship and alumni profiles
- Read/research information about careers
- Develop your four-year career plan
- Take a career assessment (JobZology is the primary assessment we use)
- Take a class on a topic of interest
- Talk to professionals, classmates and/or faculty
- Conduct an informational interview/job shadowing experience
- Get involved on campus
What can I do with my major?
Review the options below for more information on career paths with various majors.
Understand that the information is representative of typical career paths associated with each major and does not reflect all possibilities. You may want to explore multiple majors to learn about a wide range of career opportunities.
Select your major/minor
Searchable website that features hundreds of occupations and describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Average Pay and more. Each profile also includes employment projections for the 2010–20 decade.
Includes detailed descriptions of the world of work.