Figuring out where to go to graduate school and how to apply can be a daunting process. Let us guide you through the process.
Should I go to graduate school?
Graduate school may be a good idea for you if:
- Graduate school is necessary to attain your career goals.
- Graduate school would broaden your skills in ways that other certification and workshops would not.
- The cost benefits are worth the financial investment.
- You have had internship experiences in the field to support your interest in this career.
- You are highly motivated and desire responsibility; you enjoy and perform well in an academic environment.
Graduate school may not be a good idea if:
- You are trying to postpone a career decision or avoid employment.
- You are responding to outside pressures from peers, family or faculty.
- Graduate school seems like a "safe" alternative to looking for a job.
- You are expecting to make more money or be assured job security from a graduate school degree.
Other places to investigate for graduate school information include the honors program office, your academic department, the Calvin campus store, local bookstores and online graduate school resources.