What’s a weekend programming intern?
The Campus Involvement and Leadership Office is committed to providing a variety of high quality, late-night, weekend events that enhance the Calvin student experience. Our programs aid in the transition to university, seamlessly integrate in-class and out-of-class learning, and facilitate development in all areas of student’s lives. We believe that meaningful engagement in the total campus experience promotes both academic and personal success and we strive to make Calvin University a vibrant place to live and learn. We hire four Weekend Programming interns that work in the Campus Involvement and Leadership Office about ten hours per week, who take an active role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of these programs.
Who can apply?
Any Calvin student with the following characteristics may apply for the Weekend Programming Intern position:
- Committed to providing students with high quality, community developing events
- Willingness to exercise gifts of creativity, hospitality and service
- Possess a general understanding of Calvin’s campus environment (current or previous experience with orientation, a student organization, student leadership or campus office/department required)
- Demonstrates confidence and maturity in interpersonal relationships
- Strives to manifest Christian commitment in thought, word and deed
- Maintains full-time student status at Calvin and fulfills the university’s eligibility requirements for participation in campus activities as reflected in the Student Handbook.
All application materials must be returned to the Campus Involvement and Leadership Office in the Commons Annex, no later than Friday, April 12 by 8:00am. Applicants will only be considered once all materials, including online recommendations, are submitted.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the online application.
- Contact two people to submit online recommendations. Applicants are responsible for contacting their references and ensuring that the recommendation forms are submitted by 8:00am on April 26.
- Email a resume to Josh Bulten firstname.lastname@example.org (resume must be in PDF format)
Application materials will be reviewed and successful candidates will be invited to sign-up for individual interviews.
Weekend Programming Interns will begin working in the end of April of 2020 and will complete their service in April 2021. Each student staff member is responsible for the planning an implementation of all weekend programming events.
Interns will be compensated at a competitive rate.