Audio Visual Department equipment is provided to support Calvin College activities, regardless of their location. The Audio Visual Department does not provide equipment for personal use.
- Equipment Loan
- Equipment Delivery & Setup
- Equipment Operation
- Off-the-Air, WebStream, and Satellite Video Recording
- Materials for Visual Presentations
- Passport Photos
- Lamination Service
- Media Transfer and Duplication
- Ordering Audio-CD and DVD Copies of Programs
- Data/Video Projectors
- Portable 42" Flat Screens
- Laptop Computers (Mac & Windows)
- Mobile Laptop Lab (22 wireless PC's)
- DSLR Cameras
- Digital Still Cameras
- Digital Video Camcorders
- Tripods & Microphones
- Videoconference/Polycom Device
- Document Cameras
- Audioconference Speakerphones
- VCR, DVD, and TV Carts
- Audiocassette/CD Boombox Players
- Digital Audio and Cassette Recorders
- Public Address Systems & Megaphones
- Dictation Transcribers for audiocassettes
- Software for transcribing audio files
- Wireless Presenters/Remote Controls
- Laser Pointers
- Audio Mixers
- Whiteboards, Flipcharts, & Easels
Yes, we still have...
- VHS Camcorders
- Overhead Projectors
- 35mm Slide Projectors
- 16mm Movie Projectors
- Opaque Projectors
- Laserdisc Players
- Record Players
- Reel-to-Reel Audio Recorders
We maintain an inventory of media equipment for your instructional presentation needs. Most equipment can be delivered to your office or delivered and setup in your classroom.
Call 616-526-6334 to make arrangements.
In most instructional situations, you are expected to operate the equipment yourself. Operators can be available to help you get started or to stay with you, depending upon the complexity of your need. Letting us know in advance will increase the probability of an operator being available for you.
We can record television programs from off-the-air, cable-tv, and satellite sources.
We can help you understand and observe the applicable copyright restrictions by helping you license programs, helping you locate commercial sources of programs, and explaining the ins and outs of what Fair Use allows.
- construction paper
- butcher paper
- poster board
- picture stencils (Ellison diecuts)
- cutting boards, heavy-duty staplers, 3-hole punches
- tempra paints and markers
- overhead transparencies
- comb binding/booklet binding system
- opaque "enlargement" projector
- button making equipment
- magnet or safety pin on back
- roller laminator
- cut-up-able magazines
- and more!
We shoot passport and visa photos which are ready in a few minutes.
No appointment is necessary.
Two photos = $7.00
We laminate your materials once or twice a day.
Yes, we do both sides.
No, we don't trim the edges for you.
We can transfer, edit, record, and duplicate many formats of media.
These services are available for college needs.
Prices vary with quantity. Call x66334 for pricing information.
Copyrighted material will be duplicated according to the Fair Use Guidelines of the Copyright Act of 1976, and related regulations. If we may not duplicate your media, we can help you search for a license or another copy of the item. If you have questions about copyright, contact Randy Nieuwsma, x66076.
To order a copy of a lecture or campus event for Calvin College department or organization use, contact the Audio Visual department.
To order a copy of a lecture or campus event for personal use, contact the Campus Store, at (616) 526-6377 or x66377.
Contact us at (616) 526-6334 or x66334