Interview to be Calvin Research Fellow
In order to be considered for the Calvin Research Fellows as an international student or American living abroad,* please submit your application by Friday, Feb. 16, 2018.
Please note that this website is intended to be accessed by invitation only. Only those students who received an invitation to submit a video application will be considered for the Calvin Research Fellows.
Submit a 3–5 minute video that addresses the first two questions and one or two of the remaining three (depending on the time remaining in the allotted five minutes). Your video will answer at least three questions total.
Answer both of these questions
- Calvin College encourages students to learn "with courage and wonder." Why do you want to learn in this kind of Christian environment?
- What would you consider your passion—maybe a subject in school, an activity, a hobby or just a quirky interest? How do you hope to develop that passion at Calvin?
Answer one of these questions (or two if time allows):
- What excites you about the research process?
- Explain how participation in research with a faculty mentor will influence your Calvin education.
- You will develop many skills while conducting research. How might you apply these skills to your work in the classroom or in the community?
You may submit your video in one of two ways:
Option 1 - Share a YouTube link:
- Create a free YouTube account, if you don't already have one.
- After creating an account, upload the video by pressing on the UPLOAD button to the right of the search bar.
- To share the video you will need to change the privacy settings to either "public" or "unlisted."
- When you press SHARE after uploading you can either copy and past the link to an email, or share it to Google+ and enter the link into an email. Email your YouTube link to Ben Hollemans at email@example.com.
Option 2 - Share your video via Google Drive
- Create a free Google account if you don't already have one.
- Once you’ve logged in to your Google Drive, select the upload button, located next to the CREATE button. Upload your video to Google Drive.
- After your video is successfully uploaded, you will have the option to SHARE.
- Share your video with Ben Hollemans by entering firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send a confirmation email after receiving your video submission via either YouTube or Google Drive. The Calvin Research Fellows Selection Committee will review your submission, and you will be notified of decisions in mid-March.
*Students living in the United States are required to attend an interview weekend at Calvin College.
February 16 - Submit your interview video.
March 15 - Find out whether you were selected to be a Calvin Research Fellow.
May 1/June 1* - Confirm your enrollment at Calvin.
*June 1 for international students.