C. Renee Sparks
After completing her BS in geology at Kansas State University in 1992, Professor Sparks earned a MS in Geology with an emphasis on Hydrogeology and Geophysics. She then went to the University of Kansas for her PhD in Isotope Geochemistry, Geochronology, and Crustal Tectonics which she completed in 2001.
Professor Sparks worked as an environmental scientist for the Kansas Department of Agriculture, Division of Water Resources with the Basin Management Team from 1994 to 1996. Then spent two years as a Chemistry and Earth Science instructor at Mineral Area College in Park Hills, MO. She served as an assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor at Northwest Missouri State University teaching Mineralogy, Petrology, Field Methods, and introductory courses in Geology from 2000 to 2015. In 2015 Professor Sparks joined the GEO dept. at Calvin, and began a term serving on the NC-GSA section management board and the Central Section of the NAGT that will last until 2018.
- Mafic intrusions of the Midcontinent Region of North America
- Mineralogy and Petrology of the Southern Absaroka Volcanic Province
- Metamorphic rocks of the Buchan Series in the Northern UK
- GEOL-151 - Introductory Geology
- GEOL-151L - Introductory Geology Lab
- GEOL-212 - Structural Geology
- GEOL-212L - Structural Geology Lab
- Course code:
In the news
Out of this world: Lunar sample comes to Calvin
A lunar sample will be displayed in Calvin's Bruce Dice Mineralogical Museum starting November 28.
- Course code: