Barbara B Timmermans
- PhD University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 2000
- MSN University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1983
- BSN Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
- Community Health Nursing
- Associate Professor of Nursing, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan (2014 - Present)
- Nursing Faculty, Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, Illinois (2003-2014)
- Doctoral Student, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico (Sept. 1997-Dec. 2000)
- Faculty, Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Calvin College, Grand Rapids Michigan (Sept. 1992-June 2003)
- Staff Nurse, Nursing Resource Center, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan (July 1993-July 1997)
- Teacher/Practitioner, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan (1989-1992)
- Curriculum Writer - Parenting Series, St. Mary's Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan (Summer, 1989)
- Instructor, Pre-Natal Classes, St. Mary's Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan (Feb. - Sept. 1989)
- Faculty, Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan (1983-1988)
- Staff Nurse - Newborn and Special Care Nursery, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan (1982-1983)
- Faculty, Butterworth Hospital School of Nursing, Grand Rapids, Michigan (1980-1981)
- Staff Nurse, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan (1979-1980)
- NURS-309 - Practicum: Cmty Based/Mental Health
- Course code:
- Timmermans, B.B. (2011). Review of the book Theology on the Menu: Asceticism, Meat, and the Christian Diet, by D. Grumett & R. Muers. Christian Scholar's Review, 40(3), 339-341.
- Timmermans, B.B. (2011). Speaking out on mercury. Creation Care, 43, 14-15.
- Timmermans, B.B. (2003). Community health nursing. In Doornbos, M.M., Groenhout, R., & Hotz, K. Transforming care: A Christian vision of nursing practice. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.
- "The Future is Now: College Access and Success Through Partnerships," Member of a TCC group presentation at The Engaged Campus: Driving Innovation through Partnerships, a Campus Compact conference, May, 2013.
- "Dangers of environmental mercury," Testimony at Environmental Protection Agency hearing in Chicago, May, 2011.
- "Enhancement of Critical Thinking in Baccalaureate Nursing Students Through the Development of Interconnection Paragraphs with Concept (Care) Maps," Poster Presentation at Mosby's Professional Development Institute, Orlando, Florida, January, 2009.
- AWHONN (Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nursing) 1980 - Present
- Sigma Theta Tau International, The Honors Society of Nursing 1983 - Present
- Nursing Department Summer Curriculum Grant, Trinity Christian College 2010
- Nursing Department Summer Curriculum Grant, Trinity Christian College 2008
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: