Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 1983
Dissertation topic: Demineralization System Performance Simulation
M.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1979
Thesis topic: Vacuum Degasification of Water
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri – Rolla (Now – Missouri University of Science and Technology), 1974
Dr. Wilson has over 40 years’ experience in both industry and academia. He is a registered professional engineer.
He has served in the oil & gas, power, water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, and heat transfer industries. He has had roles as process engineer, consultant, environmental engineer, project manager, and operations manager. He has performed engineering studies, process design and simulation, simulation software development, specification, environmental impact assessments and auditing
While in academia, he has served as a professor, department chairmen, and dean of engineering. He has taught nearly all of the Chemical Engineering undergraduate courses. He has conducted research in electrolyte solutions, petroleum characterization, and fluid mechanics.
He is an ABET Chemical Engineering Program Evaluator.
He is married and has three children who all graduated from high school in Doha, Qatar. None of whom are engineers. His passions include: travel, barbeque, and knowing Jesus Christ.
Tulsa Heaters, Inc – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Process Software Consultant 1987-Present
AECOM Infrastructure & Environment UK Ltd – Bristol, United Kingdom
- Chief Engineer of Thermal Power and Desalination group 2015–2019
- Responsible for business development and execution of projects serving the regions of Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
URS Corporation – Abu Dhabi (AECOM) – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Senior Principal Consultant 2007–2015
- Responsible for environmental and process engineering project management and delivery. Engineering lead managing and delivering process engineering services in the Middle East region. Technical consultant supporting environmental professional staff. Middle East regional MOU Manager for environment, power, and oil and gas business development. Chairman of URS project management regional certification committee.
URS Qatar LLC (AECOM) – Doha, Qatar
- Principal Consultant 2006–2007
- Responsible for environmental and process engineering project management and delivery.
Qatar University – Doha, Qatar
- Professor of Chemical Engineering 1996–2006
- Responsible for undergraduate instruction, and supervision of senior research projects.
- Chairman of Chemical Engineering 1997-2004
- Supervised the Chemical Engineering program.
- Coordinated Engineering Preparatory Year program and Summer English program.
Tri-State University (Now – Trine University) – Angola, Indiana
- Stemples Professor of Engineering, Chairman and Professor of Chemical Engineering 1988–1996
- Responsible for supervision of the Chemical Engineering program and undergraduate instruction. Director of Tri-State Engineering Research Center responsible for coordinating School of Engineering research and consulting activities.
- Dean of Engineering 1993-1995
- Responsible for supervision of the School of Engineering.
The University of Tulsa – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering and Director of the University of Tulsa Environmental Protection Projects program (UTEPP) 1984–1988
- Responsible for instruction of undergraduate and graduate students in Engineering Science and Chemical Engineering with emphasis in Chemical Engineering design, thermodynamics, and laboratory instruction. Research conducted in environmental protection areas related to petroleum production and refining, and electrical power generation, and in electrolyte solution behavior in a variety of engineering applications.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
ABET Chemical Engineering Program Evaluator
American Society for Engineering Education
2009 - URS Project Manager Certification, URS Pyramid Award of Excellence in Business Development for Masdar HPAD Project
1997 - MENA Economic Conference delegate, Doha, Qatar
1992 - Named John Graydon and Virginia Stemples Professor of Engineering
1991 - Registered Professional Engineer – Indiana
1990 - Steve and Mary Yacynch McKetta Excellence in Teaching Award in Engineering
1989 - Inducted into Tau Beta Pi Eminent Engineer
1988 - Tau Beta Pi Engineering Professor of the Year, Mortar Board College of Engineering Professor of the Year, Tau Beta Pi Engineering Professor of the Month – February
1985 - Registered Professional Engineer – Oklahoma
1980 - Registered Professional Engineer – Missouri
- Course code: