Girls Basketball Academy - Overnight Grades 4-12 (2017)
A girls overnight camp providing professional skill development instruction.
- 3.5 days of expert individual and team instruction
- Each camper will receive a video analysis of their shooting form and a written evaluation with suggestions for improvement.
- Develop or improve the ability to create their own shot.
- Learn how to shoot off the pass and dribble effectively.
- Learn how to effectively come off screens to get shots.
- Develop increased range and a quicker release.
Notes for packing
- Bring your own linens or sleeping bag and a pillow
- Socks – Please try to bring 10 pairs of socks, dry socks for each session
- Flip flops – extra shoes – please change socks and don’t wear bb shoes between sessions
- Please bring a fan, they can be rented for $1 a day, plus $5.00 deposit
- Swimming will be available during breaks
- Bring plenty of socks, shorts, t shirts for sessions
- 2 pairs of basketball shoes, especially if you are bringing a new pair
- Water Bottle
- Washer and Dryers are available at no charge in the basement of the dorms
Every camper will receive a t-shirt
Monday Check-in begins at 9:00am – 1st meal served will be lunch
Camp ends Thursday at 12:00pm Noon – last meal served will be breakfast
Tuesday through Thursday tentative schedule:
7:00am Wake Up
7:45-8:45am Breakfast – Meals at Knollcrest
9:00-9:30am Classroom Session
9:30-11:30am Skill Development Session
1:00-1:30pm Classroom Session
1:30-3:30pm Skill Development Session
4:30-5:30pm Free Time
7:00-9:00pm Team Games
9:30pm In Your Room
10:30pm Lights Out
The registration deadline has passed. Spaces may still be available on a limited basis; see contact information below to inquire.
Camp Registration & Payments
Mail-in registration will begin on Monday, April 3, 2017. Any registrations postmarked prior to Friday, March 31, 2017, will go the end of the week’s registrations and will not be processed until Monday, April 10.
If you wish to register by mail-in registration, payments may only be made by check. No credit cards are accepted.
Please make all checks payable to Calvin College (specific camp)
Please make a separate check for EACH camp
(ex.: Calvin College Swimming, Calvin College Soccer, etc.)
Mail to: Kinesiology Department, Calvin College, 3195 Knight Way SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4406
All balances are due on the first day of camp.
Online registration will be available beginning Monday, April 3, 2017, at 9:00am EDT. At this site, you may only pay electronically and the full payment is due with registration.
Walk-in registrations will not be accepted until Monday, April 10, 2017. Payments may be made by check or cash (exact change) ONLY. Credit cards are not accepted in person.
There will be NO REFUNDS once your session of camp has begun.
There will be NO FULL refunds after Friday, June 9, 2017.
Registration convenience fees from online registrations are non-refundable.
If you transfer your child’s camp after registering, regardless of whether it is before or after Friday, June 9, 2017, you will be charged the online fee for registration as this is considered a separate registration by the registration service.
DEPOSITS, as indicated in the brochure, WILL NOT be refunded, transferred to another camp/section/time slot or transferred to another child after Friday, June 9, 2017, regardless of date of registration.
Location detailsPlease check in at the Welcome Desk in the lobby of the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex.
- Calvin College, Van Noord Arena Van Noord Arena | Map
- 3195 Knight Way SE
- Grand Rapids
- Michigan, 49546-4402
- Course code: