Below is a complete list of official Calvin University communications related to the coronavirus situation.
April 6, 2021
- Updated information about vaccination, library access, and more.
March 30, 2021
- The latest updates about Holy Week schedule, vaccination, and current restrictions on campus.
March 23, 2021
- The latest updates about vaccination status, the Holy Week schedule, expanded on-campus eating, and more.
March 16, 2021
- Updates about Holy Week, vaccination progress, and more.
March 9, 2021
- The latest information about isolation and quarantine numbers, as well as preliminary thoughts about spring and fall.
March 2, 2021
- An update about dining hall access, asymptomatic testing, and spring break, among other topics.
February 22, 2021
- An update explaining next steps after the two-week enhanced distancing period.
February 16, 2021
February 8, 2021
- An important update from President Le Roy about enhanced physical distancing measures.
February 2, 2021
- A weekly update from the COVID Response Team, and a letter to residential students with information about the return to campus.
January 26, 2021
- A major update for students, faculty, and staff, with the latest information about vaccination and related topics.
January 20, 2021
- An update from the COVID Response Team for students, faculty, and staff, with information about COVID testing, vaccination, remote accomodations, and more.
January 12, 2021
- An update for faculty, staff, and students about the January 18 return to campus.
December 22, 2020
- Christmas updates for both students and faculty and staff, including information about the return to campus.
December 18, 2020
December 15, 2020
- An update from the COVID Response Team for students, faculty, and staff, addressing interim, January screenings, vaccinations, and more.
December 4, 2020
- An update for students about interim, health services, and more.
November 20, 2020
- A happy Thanksgiving, the start of Advent, holiday parties, and frequently asked questions for Friday, November 20.
November 15, 2020
- An important update from President Le Roy regarding the transition to online learning on Wednesday, November 18.
November 12, 2020
- An update for students and faculty about the MDHHS Epidemic Order and the effects it has on Calvin University life and operations.
November 6, 2020
- A major update with information about holiday accommodations for students, restrictions on in-person events, adjustments to interim 2021, and answers to common questions about these subjects.
November 4, 2020
- Important reminders for students from health services.
November 2, 2020
- An important update from President Le Roy about elevated COVID-19 numbers and what students and employees can do to keep healthy as the holiday season approaches.
October 30, 2020
- Safe return update for students, faculty, and staff, including updated guidelines for carpooling, dining, and other activities, as well as details about campus activities during the Thanksgiving-Christmas holiday season.
October 23, 2020
- Safe return update for students and faculty, including information about the holidays, wise church attendance, and mask expectations during the cold-weather months.
October 16, 2020
October 12, 2020
- Detailed information about on-campus housing after Thanksgiving break.
October 9, 2020
- A weekly update from the Safe Return team, and an announcement of additional surveillance testing during the week of October 12.
October 5, 2020
October 2, 2020
- An update from the provost's office about interim
- Weekly Safe Return update, with new policy and building access information
September 25, 2020
- Answers to common questions from students
- Weekly update for faculty and staff with answers to common questions
September 24, 2020
- Updated policy information for both residence hall students and KE apartment residents
September 18, 2020
September 11, 2020
September 9, 2020
- An update about fitness facilities, study spaces, and outdoor activities
September 4, 2020
- A safe return update for employees
September 3, 2020
- An update about study spaces on campus
September 2, 2020
September 1, 2020
August 26, 2020
- Safe Return update for students
August 21, 2020
August 17, 2020
- Weekly Safe Return update for students
August 15, 2020
- Email to faculty and staff about being ready for a safe return
August 9, 2020
- Important information for commuting students
August 7, 2020
- Weekly Safe Return update
August 3, 2020
- Safe return guidance for returning students living on campus
- Email to all students about a safe return
July 31, 2020
July 24, 2020
July 15, 2020
- President Le Roy and administrators answer questions related to Calvin's Safe Return to campus for Fall 2020.
July 10, 2020
- Planning for a safe return in August for faculty and staff
- Planning for a safe return in August for students
June 24, 2020
- Safe return to campus update email from Sarah Visser
June 9, 2020
- Email from Sarah Visser introducing the Safe Return Team
May 15, 2020
- Email from Sarah Visser about new protocols for Calvin employees
May 13, 2020
- Email from President Le Roy announcing Calvin's partnership with Helix and describing steps toward a safe return
April 22, 2020
- Announcement of plans for Commencement 2020
April 9, 2020
- Covering our community email to the Calvin community
April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 updates and FAQ for employees email to Calvin employees
April 1, 2020
- Socially connected during COVID-19 email from Michelle Loyd-Paige to the Calvin community
March 31, 2020
March 30, 2020
- Message of gratitude to faculty and staff video from President Le Roy
- Welcome "virtually" back video from President Le Roy
March 27, 2020
- A message to families video from V.P. Sarah Visser
March 26, 2020
- "Presumed positive" at Calvin University email to Calvin students, faculty, and parents
March 20, 2020
- Financial services and financial aid FAQ email to Calvin students and parents
- President Le Roy addresses Calvin community video
March 18, 2020
- Calvin University Significant Operational Changes email to student, faculty, and staff
March 17, 2020
- Revised return guidance email from Health Services and Off-Campus Programs to family and friends of students studying abroad
March 16, 2020
- Operational information about working remotely email to faculty and staff
- Calvin COVID-19 Actions to Mitigate Community Spread email to students
- Calvin COVID-19 Actions to Mitigate Community Spread email to faculty and staff
- Message from President Le Roy video
March 15, 2020
- COVID-19 response update email to staff and faculty
March 14, 2020
- Return guidance email from Office Campus Programs to friends and family of students studying in Ghana
- Return guidance email from Office Campus Programs to friends and family of students studying in York
- Return guidance email from Office Campus Programs to friends and family of students studying in Spain
- COVID-19 self-monitoring information email from Off-Campus Programs to students returning from off-campus programs
March 13, 2020
- Housing and travel plans reminder email from V. P. Sarah Visser to students
- Calvin cancels remainder of 2020 spring sports season post by Calvin Athletics
March 12, 2020
- COVID-10 action plan FAQ email from V.P. Sarah Visser to students
- Mandated return email from Off-Campus Programs to family and friends of students studying in Vienna
- Possible return email from Off-campus Programs to family and friends of students studying abroad
March 11, 2020
- Calvin COVID-19 Action Plan email to students, faculty, and staff
- Your Calvin visit and COVID-19 email to visiting prospective students
- Moving to online-only instruction email from Provost's Office to faculty
- Memorandum about technology options for working remotely email from Calvin Information Technology to faculty
March 10, 2020
- Prepare for possibility of online instruction email from Provost's Office to faculty
March 9, 2020
- Calvin responds to a COVID-19 situation email from Health Services to faculty, staff, and students
February 28, 2020
- Technology support email from V.P. Todd Hubers to staff and faculty
February 27, 2020
- Letter from President Le Roy to students, faculty, and staff
- COVID-19 monitoring update email from President Le Roy to parents and guardians
February 5, 2020
- Identifying high-risk travelers email from V.P. Sarah Visser to students, faculty and staff
January 30, 2020
- Letter from Calvin Health Services to students, faculty, and staff