All members of the Calvin community must use #CampusClear to report any COVID symptoms throughout the year.
If a vaccinated or unvaccinated student is experiencing COVID symptoms, please fill out the CampusClear App and then call Health Services at 616-526-6187, x2 to schedule a testing appointment. Testing happens weekdays during normal business hours and results are back sameday while testing offsite may take 1-5 days to get results back.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please fill out the CampusClear app. You will be contacted during regular weekday office hours to discuss next steps.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 at a testing provider that is not from Calvin surveillance or Health Services, please report your results to CampusClear. Remain in isolation and do not attend classes. You will be contacted to discuss next steps.
If an employee receives a positive COVID diagnosis, they should stay home and email Human Resources at email@example.com for further instruction. Employees with questions about COVID symptoms or exposure should email their manager and Human Resources for further instruction.
How often do I need to use the #CampusClear app or web portal?
Please use the app only when you have symptoms to report. A member of our COVID Response Team will follow up with you.
When should I use the #CampusClear app each day? Can I change the time of the notifications I receive?
If you are reporting symptoms, you can certainly do that any time during the day, but we recommend using the app in the morning if possible. Depending on when you report symptoms, a staff member may not be able to contact you until the following morning.
You may enable notifications when you install the app, but this is not required. If enabled, you will receive an automatic reminder each morning at 5:45 a.m. (EST). This notification time cannot be changed, but both Android and iOS allow you to customize how the notification is received.
I'm a guest or vendor who wants to visit campus. Do I need to use #CampusClear?
No. Campus Clear will only be used by Calvin community members as a way to report COVID symptoms. If you are not feeling well and/or have any symptoms consistent with Covid-19, please do not come to campus—stay home, consult with a medical professional, and get tested.
I have a technical question or problem with the app. Where can I get help?
If you have questions or any problems when using #CampusClear, contact the CIT HelpDesk.
Who created #CampusClear?
#CampusClear is a partnership initiative between Ivy.ai, Creighton University and Stony Brook University. It has been used by many colleges and universities as a key part of COVID safety. You can learn more on the #CampusClear website.
What information does #CampusClear collect from me, and who gets to see it?
It’s easy to get started using #CampusClear. Just follow steps 1 and 2 below. If you don’t have access to a personal mobile device, go to step 3.
1. Download and register the app
To begin, click one of the images below to download the #CampusClear app on either the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
When you use the app for the first time, you’ll be asked to register, a process that will take just a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- When prompted, be sure to allow #CampusClear to send you notifications. These notifications will remind you to note your health every day (though using the app is not required every day—only if you have symptoms to report).
- When asked for an email address, enter your official students.calvin.edu address (or calvin.edu address for staff). Guests who want to use the app should use their personal email address. Watch for a confirmation email containing a link to complete the setup process. Once you've clicked the link in the email, you're all set to use #CampusClear.
2. Use the app if you notice symptoms
If you allow notifications, each day you’ll be reminded to note any symptom(s) you might have. If you’re feeling well, no need to use the app. If you have some health concerns to report, simply open the app and answer the health assessment question, and someone from our trained safety team will follow up. Please note though that the app can only be used once a day.
3. Use the web portal (for people without the app)
If you're using the mobile app to report symptoms, you don't need to use the web portal. This step is only for people who don’t use a mobile app.
If you don’t have access to a personal mobile device, or don’t want to put the app on your mobile device because you will visit campus only once or rarely, please report your symptoms through this link: https://calvin.edu/go/campusclear
When you use the portal for the first time on a computer, you’ll be asked to register, a process that will take just a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- When asked for an email address, enter your official students.calvin.edu address (or calvin.edu for staff). Guests should use their personal email address. Watch for a confirmation email containing a link to complete the setup process. Once you've clicked the link in the email, you're all set up to use #CampusClear.
- Return to the browser window where you're viewing #CampusClear. It will prompt you to answer the health assessment question, and someone from our Covid safety team will follow up. Please note that the app can only be used once a day.
- If you use the same computer and web browser to report symptoms in the future, #CampusClear will remember who you are and won't require registering again. If you use a different computer or different browser on the same computer, you will have to go through the setup process again.