How often do I need to use the #CampusClear app or web portal?
Every day of the week (including weekends), regardless if you are on- or off-campus that day.
When should I use the #CampusClear app each day? Can I change the time of the notifications I receive?
You should answer the health assessment question as soon as you are able each morning. We strongly recommend enabling notifications when you install the app, in which case you will receive an automatic reminder each morning at 5:45 a.m. (EST). This notification time cannot be changed.
Please note that you may not proceed to campus until you have answered the daily question and have been instructed by #CampusClear that it’s safe to do so.
While the time of this notification cannot be changed, both Android and iOS allow you to customize notifications in various ways—for example, to set the notification to be silent so as not to wake you up. Check your device's advanced settings to edit your notification settings, and contact the CIT HelpDesk if you need further assistance.
Do I have to use #CampusClear even if I’m not planning to come to campus?
Yes, use of #CampusClear is mandatory for all Calvin students, faculty, and staff, whether or not they plan to come to campus on any given day.
Why do I have to use #CampusClear?
#CampusClear evaluates whether or not it’s safe for you to be present on the Calvin campus, when you should stay home, and when you should seek medical attention. It’s a valuable tool for our campus as we work to stay safe and stay healthy. It also has a form that, if prompted to fill out, assist our Health Services department with their protocols for care.
I'm a guest or vendor who wants to visit campus. Do I need to use #CampusClear?
Yes—anyone who plans to go to campus should use the #CampusClear app or web portal first, and should proceed to campus only if cleared to do so by #CampusClear. If you anticipate coming to campus anytime in the near future, you should begin using #CampusClear each day.
I have a technical question or problem with the app. Where can I get help?
If you have questions or any problems when using #CampusClear, contact the CIT HelpDesk.
Who created #CampusClear?
#CampusClear is a partnership initiative between Ivy.ai, Creighton University and Stony Brook University. It is in use by many colleges and universities as a key part of the return to campuses. You can learn more about at the #CampusClear website.
What information does #CampusClear collect from me, and who gets to see it?
To promote health and safety on our campus, all members of the Calvin community are required to use the #CampusClear app to do a daily self-screening. #CampusClear is free, easy to use, and respectful of your privacy.
Each day, take 10 seconds to answer the daily health assessment question using the #CampusClear app. Based on your answer and on community health data, #CampusClear will tell you if it’s safe to proceed to campus, or provide you with further instruction.
By using the #CampusClear app, you’re doing more than just getting approval to go to campus. Ultimately, faithful use of #CampusClear will help us create a roadmap for re-opening Calvin campus life.
It’s easy to get started using #CampusClear. Just follow steps 1 and 2 below. If you don’t have access to a personal mobile device, or only will visit the campus once or occasionally, go to step 3.
1. Download and register the app
To begin, click one of the images below to download the #CampusClear app on either the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
When you use the app for the first time, you’ll be asked to register, a process that will take just a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- When prompted, be sure to allow #CampusClear to send you notifications. These notifications will make it easy to remember to use the app every day.
- When asked for an email address, enter your official calvin.edu or students.calvin.edu address. Guests who want to use the app should use their personal email address. Watch for a confirmation email containing a link to complete the setup process. Once you've clicked the link in the email, you're all set up to use #CampusClear.
2. Use the app each day
Each day, you’ll receive a notification from the #CampusClear app prompting you to answer a daily health assessment question. Please be mindful while answering—once you submit your response, you won’t be able to change it.
#CampusClear will then either advise you to proceed to campus, or provide you with further instruction. Your results will display every time you open the app, until the next day when you are prompted to complete the question again.
3. Use the web portal each day (for people without the app)
If you're using a mobile app each day to check in, you don't need to use the web portal. This step is only for people who don’t use a mobile app.
If you don’t have access to a personal mobile device, or don’t want to put the app on your mobile device because you will visit campus only once or rarely, please report your symptoms through this link each day: https://calvin.edu/go/campusclear
When you use the portal for the first time on a computer, you’ll be asked to register, a process that will take just a few minutes. Follow these steps:
- When asked for an email address, enter your official calvin.edu or students.calvin.edu address. Guests should use their personal email address. Watch for a confirmation email containing a link to complete the setup process. Once you've clicked the link in the email, you're all set up to use #CampusClear.
- Return to the browser window where you're viewing #CampusClear. It will prompt you to answer a daily health assessment question. Please be mindful while answering—once you submit your response, you won’t be able to change it.
- #CampusClear will then either advise you to proceed to campus or provide you with further instruction.
- Repeat this process each day if you need to come to campus again. If you use the same computer and web browser, #CampusClear will remember who you are and won't require registering again; if you use a different computer or different browser on the same computer, you will have to go through the setup process again.