Please refer to the campus map for directions to the various parking lots listed below. The circle drive south of the aquatic center will also be open for those who need to drop off a guest.
- Entering from Burton or the East Beltline: Use Lots 1–5
- Entering from Lake Drive: Use Lots 7 and 8
- Covenant Fine Arts Center parking: There is parking for those with handicapped parking permits in Lots 9–10.
- Graduates, faculty and staff: You are asked to park in the Prince Center lot (Lots 15–16) and walk from there in order to provide enough parking spaces for all our guests.
- Calvin College Visitor Parking map
Accessibility parking is available in Lots 6 and 7, which are the closest to the arena, for those who have a designated handicapped parking permit.
- A golf cart shuttle service with clearly marked stops will be available to guests who may need assistance from their vehicles to Van Noord Arena or the Covenant Fine Arts Center. This service will be available prior to and following the ceremony.
Please allow extra time to walk to the arena.
- Van Noord Arena: Enter the main lobby from the south entrance near North Hall (preferred) or use the west entrance (walking through Hoogenboom to reach the arena lobby). There is a wheelchair ramp at the south entrance, and the north entrance (near lot 7) is also on the main building level.
- Covenant Fine Arts Center: Use the north or south entrance.
For more information about accessible entrances, see the campus accessibility map.
- The Covenant Fine Arts Center has a Loop hearing aid audio system available. The arena has limited Loop audio available only in the upper bowl on the west end (the end near the main lobby) in sections 209-215.
- The sign language interpreter will be on the SE upper corner of the arena—the right side as you are facing the stage, near section 204.
- A limited number of large-print programs will be available at the information desk in the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex and at the information desk in the Covenant Fine Arts Center's West Lobby.
- A limited number of wheelchairs will be available for the Commencement Reception (Commons Lawn immediately following Commencement) upon request at the information desk in the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex. See 2018 Commencement Reception Map. If you have an emergency need for a wheelchair before Commencement, please also check in at the information desk.
- White tickets: Van Noord Arena general admission. Doors open at 1 p.m. Seats in the upper bowl have backs; seats in the lower bowl are bleachers. For seats in the lower bowl near the graduates, take the main lobby staircase down to the lower level and use the arena entrances from that level. The commencement seating chart for graduates may be helpful to reference prior to the event, so you can determine which side of the arena to enter.
- Pink tickets: Van Noord Arena accessible seating—Specific seats in the lower three rows of the arena's upper bowl have been assigned for graduates' guests who requested accessible seats in advance. These seats are only for the person needing accessible seating and one guest; additional family members are assigned to general admission seating.
- Blue tickets: Covenant Fine Arts Center overflow seating. Specific accessible seats have been assigned for those who have requested them in advance. The CFAC is the preferred venue for those who need softer seats or shorter distances to walk.
Your graduate can pick up his or her Commencement tickets from the box office any weekday during the two weeks prior to Commencement. Student IDs are required. Graduates are responsible for distributing the tickets to family members.