The Our Journey 2020 survey report
We've released our first major narrative report since 2012, analyzing four years of survey data covering 2017 to 2020 and including demographic trends since 1987.
Beginning in 2017, the CSR team began supporting CRCNA leadership in converting the denominational survey from a sample of churches once every five years to an annual survey of a cohort of one-fifth of churches each year. Thus, through 2020, about eighty percent of the over 1,000 CRCNA churches have been been requested to participate.
Churches providing at least 20 responses receive congregation-level reports.
As of fall 2020, the following resources are available:
- The 73-page full-color report in PDF format.
- A 28-page supplemental graphical PDF report showing all the questions in the entire survey
- Reports on this and prior surveys on the CRCNA Research page.
- The main CRCNA survey entry page, including links to supporting materials
- A preview version of the main survey instrument
(no data is collected by the preview version).
- An interactive visualization of the data on Tableau Public.
For support of this project, please contact CSR by email (email@example.com) or phone, 616 526-7799.
Denominational Surveys, 1987 to 2012
Former CSR director Rodger Rice and current director Neil Carlson completed a full report on the 2012 CRC Survey and presented the results (video, starts at 2:45) to the Synod of the Christian Reformed Church on Monday, June 10, 2013.
From the summer of 2012 through January 2013, the Center for Social Research (CSR) conducted the 2012 wave of the Christian Reformed Church of North America survey. As with the previous wave, the survey focused on church health and trends over time within the denomination.
The following resources are now available:
- Full-color, 67-page PDF of the report dated June 3, 2013.
- Original online survey in English (as converted in 2016 to our new Qualtrics survey platform; other languages available on request to CSR).
Questions? Contact CSR at firstname.lastname@example.org.