Serve your country. Study at Calvin. At the same time.
The Reserve Office Training Corps (ROTC) program at Calvin College offers a chance to receive competitive academic scholarships and military leadership training while earning your bachelor's degree at an excellent Christian liberal arts college. Whether your goal is a career in the military, or simply to push yourself both academically and physically, ROTC may be a perfect fit with your college plans.
Learn more about Calvin's ROTC program, offered in partnership with Western Michigan University's Bronco Battalion, at this special visit day event.
- When: Friday, October 30, 2015
- Where: Calvin College campus
- Who’s invited: High school students and their families
- What to bring: Appropriate clothing and footwear for military-style exercises
- RSVP deadline: October 27, 2015
What to expect
- Meet current Calvin cadets
- Ask questions and learn more about the Bronco Battalion
- Discover your career options as a contracted cadet
- Explore scholarship and financial aid opportunities
- Participate in the “ROTC experience,” an afternoon of physical training with other cadets (please bring hiking pants and appropriate footwear)
- 8:45 a.m. - Opening session (with all Fridays at Calvin guests)
- 10:00 a.m. - Chapel (with all Fridays at Calvin guests)
- 10:30 a.m. - ROTC planning – including ROTC overview and financial aid
- 11:30 a.m. - Explore your options (with all Fridays at Calvin guests)
- 12:30 p.m. - Faculty hosted lunch
- 1:30 p.m. - Campus tour
- 2:30 p.m. - The ROTC experience (footwear and hiking pants needed for this time!)