Best Practices for the Disinfection of Rural Community Water Supplies in Ecuador
- Dates: Summer 2016–2019
This project provides evaluation and education, in conjunction with our partners, resulting in better water to rural communities in Ecuador.
- We provide evaluation of delivery systems (chemical and feed), along with best practices and critical success factors.
- We evaluate water chemistry and provide field testing methods.
- We test water system dynamics for proper levels of disinfectant residual.
- We evaluate palatability—the taste/odor-based rejection threshold for disinfected water.
- Lifegiving Water International
- Ecuadorian regional governments (Cantons, Guamote, Colta) responsible for about 400 communities
- public health
- Course code: