Prepare for professional work or doctoral study in speech pathology and audiology with our traditional master's degree.
Speech pathology and audiology is an exciting and growing field. At Calvin, you'll work in our clinics providing care for patients studying the causes and treatment of a variety of disorders, all within the supporting framework of reformed Christian faith. You will also have the option of completing a thesis at the end of the program.
- SPAUD-501 Diagnostic Procedures in Speech-Language Pathology
- SPAUD-503 Language Disorders I: Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Children
- SPAUD-504 Language Disorders II: School-Age
- SPAUD-505 Research Methods in Speech-Language Pathology
- SPAUD-506 Aphasia
- SPAUD-508 Speech Sound Disorders
- SPAUD-510 Fluency Disorders
- SPAUD-512 Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- SPAUD-515 Seminar in Speech-Language Pathology
- SPAUD-520 Motor Speech Disorders
- SPAUD-521 Voice and Voice Disorders
- SPAUD-522 Neurocognitive Communication Disorders
- SPAUD-523 Dysphagia
- SPAUD-524 Cleft and Craniofacial Disorders
- SPAUD-530 Clinical Practicum: On-Campus 1
- SPAUD-531 Clinical Practicum: On-Campus 2
- SPAUD-532 Clinical Practicum: On-Campus 3
- SPAUD-540 Clinical Practicum: Externship 1
- SPAUD-541 Clinical Practicum: Externship 2
- SPAUD-542 Clinical Practicum: Externship 3
- SPAUD-595 Thesis (optional)
- SPAUD-599 Critical Reflections in Speech Pathology
Students applying for admission to the Speech Pathology MA program should take note of the following policies:
- Prerequisite SPAUD courses must have been completed within the last seven years.
- Preference will be given to Calvin applicants who have completed or will complete all prerequisite courses at Calvin.
- Enrollment in the MA program is also contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, fingerprint check, and drug screen.
It is important to note that completion of the SPAUD courses and achievement of the minimum criteria does not guarantee admission into the MA or any other graduate program. Enrollment in the MA Program is limited and thus the admission process is selective.
For admissions details for post-BA students.
- Course code: