Student in a computer lab setting.

By majoring in speech pathology and audiology, you'll receive the training and knowledge you need to qualify for a speech pathology graduate program.

For students entering the program, they must earn at least a 3.0 (B) average every semester across all of courses. Students must also meet the essential functions required to practice as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist (see FAQs). Students do not need to apply to remain in the four-year program.

Course Requirements


Students who wish to enter the professions of Speech Pathology or Audiology may qualify for the degree of Bachelor of Arts in speech pathology and audiology and then apply to graduate programs in either area. Admission into graduate programs in audiology or speech pathology is competitive. Students who wish to become audiologists should apply to accredited graduate programs at other institutions during the fall of their senior year. Students who wish to become speech-language pathologists may apply to Calvin's bachelors-to-masters (BA-MA) in their junior year or they may apply to other accredited graduate programs during the fall of their senior year.

Transfer students

Undergraduate students who have transferred to Calvin from another college or university will follow the regular admission process, if they have completed at least two semesters of full time academic work at Calvin by the time they apply for admission to the program. Most transfer students can expect to be full-time at the undergraduate level for at least four semesters before beginning the master's program.


  • Course code:
  • Credits:
  • Semester:
  • Department: