At Calvin, you will have the opportunity to learn by going outside the classroom...and your comfort zone.
Whether you decide to live in a house that speaks Spanish 24/7, volunteer in the Grand Rapids community, or lead a Spanish communication group, you are sure to discover your place and your passion—and learn a little Spanish along the way.
- Want the experience of living immersed in the Spanish language and culture while still living right here on campus? Try living in the Spanish house!
- Want an extra opportunity to practice your oral Spanish in a relaxed, conversational setting? Come to Spanish Table!
- Improve your communication skills in Spanish. A huge part of studying Spanish is learning to speak it—which is why we are committed to giving you as many opportunities as possible to practice.
- Come worship in Spanish at Spanish chapel! Students and professors come together to praise the Lord in Spanish every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 10:20. Meet in the Meeter Center, located off the Library Lobby in Hiemenga Hall.
Spanish in the community
- If you're learning Spanish at Calvin, you won't just study it in the classroom; you'll experience it—right here in Grand Rapids. And with over 29,000 Hispanics living in Grand Rapids (that's about 16% of the city's population!), it isn't too difficult to discover ways to use your Spanish right here in the community.