The religion major is designed with a strong foundation in biblical, theological and religious studies to prepare you for Christian ministry, graduate school or various other professions.
Course Requirements 2016-2017
10 courses (30 semester hours)
- One course in Old Testament
- One course in New Testament
- One course in Systematic Theology
- One course in Historical Theology
- One course in Religious Studies
- Three 300-level electives
- One additional elective in religion
- REL-396 Religion Seminar
- A departmental interim course may be used as one of your elective requirements.
- The course used to fulfill the Religious Studies requirement may not also be used as a 300-level elective.
- Religion 121 and 131 may not be used to fulfill your major elective requirement.
As part of the departmental writing program, majors must designate one department course (excluding 121, 131, 357 or 396) prior to their senior year as writing enriched. This course will include additional writing, a revision component, intensive evaluation and will prepare the student for REL-396.
Learn more about the writing requirement.
To be admitted to the religion major, you must have completed a core religion course with a minimum grade of C (2.0).
- Course code: