Supplement your politics course work by gaining real-world experience through internships, study abroad programs, or the Washington, D. C. semester. Or take advantage of numerous student organizations that allow you to test ideas and develop leadership skills.
Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll have the chance to put some legs on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Regardless of your major, we'll help you to find an internship that will provide you with valuable, real-world experience in your field of study while the nation’s capitol serves as your backdrop. You might work at CNN, the Canadian Embassy, the Department of Transportation, Amnesty International, or even on Capitol Hill—and there are literally hundreds of opportunities.
- All politics students are encouraged to take advantage of internship opportunities in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Chicago, Washington D.C, and elsewhere.
- Calvin offers numerous opportunities for study abroad. Investigate the semester programs to find out which one is right for you.
- Don't miss the chance to get involved in one of the many student organizations especially of interest to students of politics, such as the Calvin University Republicans or Democrats.
- There are various options for student employment, both on campus and with area employers, that can be found through the Calvin Career Center.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.