Don't miss the chance to get involved in one of the many student organizations especially of interest to political science and international relations majors.
- Chimes is the official student newspaper of Calvin College. Its mission is to serve the community of Calvin College in a variety of ways: to reform, review, challenge and foster dialogue within the community.
Calvin College Democrats
- The Calvin College Democrats are a group of Christian liberal students who believe that it is our responsibility to serve God faithfully through encouraging bipartisan political discussion among students and faculty, promoting liberal ideologies and candidates, fostering an inclusive environment at Calvin, and directing the participation of Democrat students.
Calvin College Republicans
- The Calvin College Republicans are committed to guiding students to actively discern and engage God’s world. We promote Christian conservative intellectualism by connecting political issues, speakers, debate and activism guided by conservative principles.
Environmental Stewardship Coalition
- The Environmental Stewardship Coalition (ESC) aims to raise consciousness of current environmental issues to the Calvin community and emphasize our collective responsibility for Christian stewardship.
Gender Equality Now
- Gender Equality Now creates a safe space for the people of Calvin to join together and pursue gender justice and equality by addressing and combating gender-based injustices people encounter at Calvin, in the United States, and abroad.
Model United Nations
- Model United Nations provides students with the opportunity to develop knowledge of the international politics and issues faced by the nations of the world. We also strengthen our skills in public speaking, research, diplomacy, alliance forming, and adaptability through simulation in the annual Model United Nations conference in Chicago.
Pi Sigma Alpha Award
- Pi Sigma Alpha is the national honor society for undergraduate and graduate students of political science, giving students the opportunity for valuable administrative experience.
Social Justice Coalition
- Social Justice Coalition (SJC) seeks to promote social justice—both locally and globally—through education, advocacy, and action. We foster active responses to injustices, specifically in human rights.
- Student Senate exists to serve the student body. Senate has two main facets: representation, and programs & initiatives.