Supplement your course work in political science or international relations at Calvin, by gaining real-world experience through internships, study abroad programs, or the Washington, D. C. semester. Or take advantage of numerous student organizations that allow you to test ideas and develop leadership skills.
Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll have the chance to put some legs on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Regardless of your major, we will help you to find an internship that will provide you with valuable, real world experience in your field of study and all this with the nation's capitol as the backdrop. You might work at CNN, the Canadian Embassy, the Department of Transportation, Amnesty International, or even the White House &mdash ;the possibilities are nearly endless.
- All political science and international relations majors are encouraged to take advantage of internship opportunities in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Washington D.C, and elsewhere. Contact the Internship Director, Professor den Dulk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Calvin offers numerous opportunities for study abroad. You can study in Britain, China, France, Ghana, Honduras, Hungary, or Spain. Investigate each semester program to find out which is right for you. There also are numerous abroad opportunities available during the Interim term.
- Don't miss the chance to get involved in one of the many student organizations especially of interest to political science and international relations majors.
- Check out the different options for student employment for political science majors.