Supplement your course work in political science or international relations at Calvin, by gaining real-world experience through internships, study abroad programs, or the Washington, D. C. semester. Or take advantage of numerous student organizations that allow you to test ideas and develop leadership skills.
Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll have the chance to put some legs on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Regardless of your major, we'll help you to find an internship that will provide you with valuable, real-world experience in your field of study and all this with the nation's capitol as the backdrop. You might work at CNN, the Canadian Embassy, the Department of Transportation, Amnesty International, or even the White House --and the possibilities are nearly endless.
- All political science and international relations majors are encouraged to take advantage of internship opportunities in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Washington D.C, and elsewhere. Contact the Internship Director, Professor den Dulk at email@example.com for more information.
- Calvin offers numerous opportunities for study abroad. You can study in Britain, China, France, Ghana, Honduras, Hungary, or Spain. Investigate each semester program to find out which is right for you. There also are numerous abroad opportunities available during the Interim term.
- Don't miss the chance to get involved in one of the many student organizations especially of interest to political science and international relations majors.
- Check out the different options for student employment for political science majors.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.