Kathryn Mae Post
- Kathryn Mae Post '18 encourages others to go beyond the classroom and take advantage of all the opportunities the political science department offers.
- Some of my most valuable learning at Calvin happened outside the classroom. Whether planning worship services at midnight in the chapel basement as a worship apprentice, or debating proposals for a new college program as a student senator, or interviewing President Le Roy for that hard-hitting front page story as the editor of Chimes, these formative leadership experiences across campus continue to make a difference in my life today.
Andrew Kofi Appiah Oppong
- The political science faculty know your strengths and weakness – and while they may continually challenge you, they are always quick to remind you that your identity is not found in your grades but in God.
Kagenza Sakufi Rumongi
- Kagenza Sakufi Rumongi '17 learned that God has a lot to say about political science and international relations.
- Abbie Vegter '17 learned more than the subject of political science—she learned how to engage with challenging ideas and form her own opinions.