Students may earn honors in political science by following one of the two Calvin honor programs. Eligible students may also be inducted into the national political science honor society, Pi Sigma Alpha.
If your graduation date is 2020 or 2021, you have the Legacy option as well, detailed below:
Students may earn honors in political science by completing six honors courses (a minimum of four in political science) and by writing a senior thesis. Eligible students may also be inducted into the national political science honor society, Pi Sigma Alpha.
To graduate with honors in political science or international relations, you must:
- Maintain an overall minimum GPA of 3.5
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in courses within the major
- Complete 6 (18 hours) non-interim courses for honors credit: four honors courses within the major and two honors courses outside the major.
- Complete an honors thesis that meets the guidelines of the political science department
- Earn at least a B+ in each of the four political science honors courses satisfying the honors requirment
- Make a formal commitment to graduate with honors by fall of your senior year