Students may earn honors in political science by completing six honors courses (a minimum of four in political science) and by writing a senior thesis. Eligible students are also inducted into the national political science honor society, Pi Sigma Alpha.
To graduate with honors in political science or international relations, you must:
- Maintain an overall minimum GPA of 3.5
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in courses within the major
- Complete 6 (18 hours) non-interim courses for honors credit, with a minimum of four honors courses within the major
- Complete an honors thesis that meets the guidelines of the political science department
- Earn at least a B+ in each of the four political science honors courses satisfying the honors requirment
- Make a formal commitment to graduate with honors by fall of your senior year