Transfer to Calvin
Because of its rich philosophical heritage, its rigorous major and its success in placing graduates into top-rank graduate programs, the philosophy department at Calvin has attracted a number of philosophy majors from other colleges and universities who come to Calvin to complete their studies.
Nuts and bolts
You can also view the philosophy department's major requirements.
Where are they now?
Alumni of Calvin’s philosophy department have gone on to some of the nation's finest PhD programs, including Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Rutgers, NYU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Cornell and others. Many of them are now professors in leading universities (Yale, Notre Dame, Princeton, University of Michigan, Toronto, Boston College), seminaries (Fuller, Calvin, Westminster), and Christian liberal arts colleges (including Gordon, St. Olaf, Hope, Dordt, King’s, Bethel, and Westmont).
The next step
For questions about transferring to Calvin, in general, visit the Admissions web site.
For questions about the philosophy department, in particular, contact:
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.