Full-Time Faculty: Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing at Calvin University invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position to begin in August 2023 as Assistant Professor of Nursing in the area of Obstetrics and Women's Health nursing.
The university seeks applicants with vibrant Christian faith who are dedicated to integration of that faith with their field of study. Successful candidates will hold either a PhD in nursing or a DNP (or be near completion) and be eligible for licensure in Michigan. Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching as well as an active stream of relevant research and publication. The department seeks persons who are dedicated to the integration of their Christian faith with Nursing. The university will prioritize candidates with broad interdisciplinary interests, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, ability to integrate questions of meaning, significance, and ethics into all course content, and deep commitment to engaging students beyond the classroom.
Faculty members typically teach 21-24 semester hours per academic year. Faculty are expected to grow in Reformed Christian commitment, to pursue an active scholarly agenda, to teach effectively, and to serve the university, department, students, and the wider community. Candidates will be asked to affirm their commitment to the educational mission of Calvin University as a Christian liberal arts university in the Reformed tradition, affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church. (See Educating for Shalom and Faculty Expectations.) Calvin University provides numerous faculty development opportunities to foster growth in these commitments.
Faith and Educational Commitment Calvin faculty express the following:
- Commitment to the educational mission of Calvin University as a Christian liberal arts college affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith, learning, and student development.
Diversity Commitment Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, or religious perspectives.
To apply: http://employment.calvin.edu/. Each applicant should submit with the online application, a CV detailing teaching experience, and a letter addressing interest in teaching at a Christian university. Additional information, including official academic transcripts will be requested of all candidates progressing to the interview process. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to the chair of the nursing department, Jaclynn Lubbers email@example.com
Calvin is building a tradition of diversity and accessibility and welcomes applications from persons whose personal characteristics will further that commitment. Calvin does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. For further specifics please see the college website: http://www.calvin.edu/go/facultyopenings
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.