The department of mathematics and statistics at Calvin offers a number of majors and minors. Whether you’re planning on going to graduate school, working as an actuary or teaching mathematics at the elementary or secondary level, we have courses to suit your vocational goals.
A schedule of planned offerings of upper level mathematics and statistics courses is available here.
MathematicsSolve problems and build creative-thinking skills in a program personalized to your career goals.
Data Science MajorThe data science major combines roughly equal portions of computer science and statistics with a substantial cognate in a domain area of your choice, where you will apply your data analysis skills.
Actuarial Science MajorPrepare for a career in the growing field of actuarial science with this major. You could take actuarial exams before graduating, get an internship at an actuarial company, and more.
Mathematics Elementary Education Major
Mathematics Elementary Education Minor
Mathematics Secondary Education Major
Mathematics Secondary Education Minor
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.