All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree and completion of the following undergraduate courses:
- Intermediate Accounting I and II
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Systems
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
These prerequisite course requirements may be met if you have taken them at Calvin or another college or university. Students can enroll in these prerequisite courses at Calvin through the Non-Degree Studies Program, as described at Calvin Admissions.
All application materials (including official transcripts) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online application for Admission: Completion and timely submission of an online application. Applicants must list their personal email address on the application.
- Official transcript(s): Submission of official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent by mail or electronically (mailing address: ATTN: MAcc Application Review Committee, 1740 Knollcrest Circle SE, #167, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 or email: email@example.com). Current Calvin students, in lieu of submitting an official transcript, may provide written authorization via e-mail to release their official transcript to the MAcc Application Review Committee. Note that prerequisites for the MAcc courses must have been completed within the last five years preceding the application due date. Also, at the application due date, an undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) or accounting major GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Resume: Submission of a professional resume.
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation. At least one of the recommenders should be someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities. For graduates of Calvin’s BSA program, no more than one letter of recommendation will be accepted from a Calvin business faculty member.
- Proof of qualifying internship: Applicants must have completed at least 160 hours of professional experience at an accounting firm, company, governmental entity, or not-for-profit organization at which the applicant was exposed to accounting and/or financial situations and tasks. A written statement from the applicant’s supervisor(s) or other official, appropriate employer representative must clearly state the applicant’s job title at the time the work was performed, a description of the work performed, the total number of hours the applicant worked at the employer’s location, the physical location at which the applicant worked, and the title of the supervisor or other employer representative responsible for signing the statement. Proof of professional work experience will be evaluated by the MAcc Application Review Committee.
- Personal statement: Submission of a personal statement. The statement should include a description of at least two experiences that have impacted the applicant and helped define personal and career goals. The statement should also include an explanation of why the applicant is seeking admission to a Christian College for completion of a Master of Accounting degree, and how obtaining a MAcc from Calvin College will assist the applicant in reaching his/her goals.
- International applicants: International applicants must have a valid visa to study in the United States.