Meet Our Majors
- Ellie Price directs The Locus Coalition, a group of global development organizations dedicated to advancing evidence-based solutions to global development challenges that are integrated, driven by local communities, and based on shared measures.
- After graduating, she started working at International Justice Mission (IJM) in the Government Relations & Advocacy Department. She now work as IJM's Senior Director of Global Advancement Strategy & Operations.
- While at Calvin, Alisa studied sociology, history, and development with a minor in religion. She currently works with Samaritan's Purse in Liberia, West Africa.
- After working for over a year with refugee youth at Bethany Christian Services and three years in program support at World Renew, Andy DeBoer pursued a Master’s degree in social policy and administration at the University of Chicago.
- Bernard is a Young Professional at the World Bank's Governance Global Practice. Prior to joining the Bank, he served at Canada's diplomatic missions to Haiti, South Sudan, Afghanistan and Nigeria, supporting global development programs.
- After graduating from Calvin with a degree in GDS, Dana founded a non-profit organization called Treetops Collective, which focuses on helping refugee women in Grand Rapids.
- Current Activities (2019): Research at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame Major: IDS and Spanish with a minor in Sociology
- Jill graduated from Calvin with a major in GDS and a minor in business. She is now the Executive Director for the Association for a More Just Society.
Joh Myohan Oh
- Joe graduated from Calvin in 2015 with a major in Global Development Studies and a minor in Business Marketing. He now works for World Renew in West Coast Regional Relations.
- Current activities: World Renew Donor Relations Manager for Michigan and the East Coast
- Current activities: Communications Specialist at the Association for a More Just Society Major: IDS and Economics
- "I’ve been impressed with just how uniquely IDS trains you to think and understand issues," was Kaitlyn Kline's '18 answer when asked what she discovered about IDS.
- " I feel valued as a person rather than just as a student." - Nyarie Sirewu '18
- "Calvin University mission is to equip students to think deeply, to act justly, and to live wholeheartedly as Christ’s agents of renewal in the world. I would say the part of the mission that resonates with me the most right now is ‘thinking deeply’. " Frempong '20
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Loading...× CLOSE DRAWER