The English department at Calvin University teaches language, literature, and writing as interrelated endeavors in which students engage in the process of discovering themselves, the conditions of their lives, and the visions they will need to live well as citizens of God's kingdom.
Faculty and students explore together how language, literature, and writing can be interpreted and understood through the eyes of our Christian faith.
We find in our faith a freedom to explore the wide range of literary expression and the guiding beacon of the Christian faith as the light that helps us to understand and discern the truthfulness of these expressions.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.