As an engineering student at Calvin, academic advising takes place within the engineering department. Here you’ll find all the forms and information you’ll need to plan your education at Calvin and graduate on time.
Model Program Sheets
Please print the form you need and take it with you to your advising appointment. These forms are also available in the racks outside the engineering department office.
Model Program Sheets
- Chemical model program sheet (.pdf or .xlsx)
- Civil & Environmental model program sheet (.pdf or .xlsx)
- Electrical & Computer model program sheet (.pdf or .xlsx)
- Mechanical model program sheet (.pdf or .xlsx)
Reference flow charts for concentrations
- Sophomore Application to Engineering Program
- Engineering Student Code of Professionalism
- Academic Honesty and Integrity Policy form
- Honors Contract
- Recommendation Form or
Please use this before asking your professors for a letter of recommendation for graduate school or for a job application.
- Parts Order Form
- Student Travel Form
Elective options & core requirements
- Engineering elective, basic science/advanced math options (.pdf only)
- Engineering core requirements (including literature, the arts, CCE)
** If you are undecided about your concentration, the first two years are the same for all students and any of the above documents can be used for course planning.
At Calvin, students may minor rather than major in engineering by taking six classes including one of two 100-level courses, at least two of three 200-level courses and at least two 300-level courses from a selected list. While a minor is a consideration for some students, please be aware that it is not ABET accredited. For more information on an engineering minor, see the College Catalog or direct your questions toward the engineering department chair.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- A total of six honors courses (18 hours minimum) overall, including:
- At least two honors courses outside of the major
- At least two honors courses in engineering with a minimum grade of A– (at least one of the courses needs to be a 300-level course)
- Receive credit for ENGR-385: Engineering Internship or ENGR-387: International Engineering Internship
- Complete the ENGR-339: Senior Design Project (Fall) and ENGR-340: Senior Design Project (Spring)