FE and PE Exams/Engineering Licensure Information
The typical process of becoming a professional engineer involves graduating from an ABET accredited program and passing the FE and PE exams.
Calvin highly encourages its students to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. Student study groups have been formed at the initiative of the students for preparation. The Calvin pass-rate is excellent—95 percent of Calvin students who take the FE exam pass on their first attempt.
The FE exam », also known as the EIT (Engineering In Training) exam, covers the basics of engineering education. It is advised that an engineer takes this exam while still in school or shortly after graduation—while all the fundamentals of engineering are still “fresh.”
FE Exam Guide »
The FE exam is an eight-hour exam with 120 one-point questions in the four-hour morning session and 60 two-point questions in the four-hour afternoon session.
Next FE Exam:
The FE exam will be available every two out of every three months. More information »
The Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam » , covers topics more specific to one’s field of expertise. It usually requires four years of experience working as an engineer.
- NSPE » National Society of Professional Engineers
- NCEES » National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- ppi2pass.com/ »
- PPI Engineering (formerly Brightwood Engineering Education) »
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin's dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.