Want to create solutions with a global reach? First, you’ll need to travel the globe. Calvin’s international designation will have you doing just that.
At Calvin, you’ll see how engineering solves problems for people across the world. You might study abroad at the Technical University of Berlin, collaborate with NGOs to deliver life-saving clean water to rural parts of Ecuador, or help restore ancient reservoirs for the use of refugees in Jordan. Your engineering skills take on a whole new level of purpose and potential when you use them in different environments and cultural contexts.
You'll also graduate with one of the biggest differentiators in today’s job market: international experience. Employers want engineers who can reach across boundaries and work effectively with all kinds of people in all kinds of places. With an international designation on your Calvin engineering degree, that will be you.
You may receive an international designation to your concentration (e.g., “BSE International Mechanical Concentration”) by completing any two of the following three items:
- An international engineering interim course. There are many to choose from.
- An international internship and demonstrating some ability to speak the language of your internship country.
- The engineering summer program in Germany.
Other procedures and activities may qualify for the international designation. For additional details, please contact the department chair or the department internship coordinator.
Family income distribution for students applying for financial aid.
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.