You may receive an international designation to your concentration (e.g., “BSE International Mechanical Concentration”) by completing any two of the following three items:
- An international engineering interim course. There are many to choose from.
- An international internship and demonstrating some ability to speak the language of your internship country.
- The engineering summer program in Germany.
Other procedures and activities may qualify for the international designation. For additional details, please contact the department chair or the department internship coordinator:
- Complete a three or four SH sustainability-themed course,
- Participate in a sustainability-related practical experience (e.g., internship, research, or senior design project).
The courses currently approved as sustainability-themed courses are:
- ENGR Wxx ("Sustainable Energy Systems")
- ENGR Wxx ("Advanced Topics in Chemical Engineering")
Check out the Program for Sustainability (PSE).
See what our department does to promote sustainability.
Any questions about the current list of approved sustainability-related courses or what practical experiences qualify for credit should be directed to the engineering department sustainability designation coordinator: