Join a program that has graduated more than 1,500 Christian engineers over more than 30 years. You will interact with sustainability projects, mission, service, and international opportunities on top of your academics.
The Calvin engineering program is shaped by Christian faith, thought, and practice, including a liberal arts foundation. You will be able to bring your own projects from conception to implementation, work in technically complex environments, and—by integrating your faith into your career—make a positive impact on society.
Learn about the core values that animate our department.
The engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Calvin Engineering Advisory Council
The CEAC aids the engineering department as it trains students to become engineers with a distinctly reformed Christian perspective on their profession.
Learn about our department’s long-standing commitment to sustainable technology.
Explore the buildings and laboratories where engineering happens at Calvin.
Consider these questions as you compare engineering programs.
|DATE||Total BSE Enrolled||No. of BSE Graduates|
Number of students in each concentration for 2017 graduation class:
- Chemical Engineering: 9 (10 anticipated*)
- Civil & Environment Engineering: 16
- Electrical & Computer Engineering: 25
- Mechanical Engineering: 50 (51 anticipated*)
Other Graduation Statistics
- 81% of the students graduated in 4 years on average
- 76% had an international experience
- 86% of the students who completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) in the past 5 years passed
- 13% of the students went directly to full time graduate school
* anticipated number includes the 15% that graduate in 4.5 to 5 years