Careers & Outcomes
Calvin's education program will prepare you to do meaningful work. Calvin teachers leave here ready to think critically, communicate effectively, and work in a variety of school settings with all kinds of students.
The nationwide average salary for teachers is $60,483 per year (average starting salary is $39,249), and the demand for good teachers is expected to increase. In the next decade, 50% of the nation's teachers – approximately 1.72 million – are expected to retire.
Consider these careers in education
- Youth worker/mentor
- Education program director (for zoos, museums, etc.)
- Private tutor
- Community center manager (day camp/summer camp instructor)
- Curriculum specialist
- Childcare center director
- Teacher (preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, K-12, or special education)
- Academic interventionist
- Children's ministry coordinator
Get started at the Career Center.
of 2012-2016 education alumni were employed or in graduate school within one year.
subject area concentrations for teacher certification
countries where Calvin graduates are currently teaching.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Engineering (BSE)
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.