Calvin's Undergraduate Education Program is approved by the Michigan Department of Education and was accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) in April 2018. The program met all CAEP standards. One stipulation was assigned for CAEP Component 5.1, requiring improvements to the program’s quality assurance system.
The accreditation process establishes rigorous standards for educator preparation programs and holds accredited institutions accountable for providing evidence of meeting these standards. CAEP promotes excellence in educator preparation through quality assurance and continuous improvement.
CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
Candidate performance data and other consumer information are posted below for the public and prospective teacher candidates.
Measures of Program Impact:
- Impact on P-12 learning and development
- Indicators of teaching effectiveness
- Satisfaction of employers
- Professional accomplishments of alumni are highlighted on the Education Program Facebook page.
- Satisfaction of completers
Program Outcome and Consumer Information
- Graduation rate
- Ability of completers to obtain teacher certification: Title II report
- Ability of completers to be hired in education positions: Employment report
- Student loan default rate
- Consumer information