Our data-driven world requires specialists in the economy, and at Calvin, you’ll be well-prepared to succeed in this increasingly important and global field.
You’ll learn from expert faculty and gain hands-on experience with prominent companies. You’ll graduate with expertise that is valued by businesses, non-profits, governments, and more.
Use analytical, creative, and critical-thinking skills to ask tough questions that shape our communities. Surrounded by an excellent academic community, you’ll frame those vital questions through a lens of rigorous and distinctly Christian intellectual inquiry.
Your program of study can be organized with a general emphasis, or with more specific emphases in international economics, economic development, business economics, public policy or graduate school preparation.
Specialized course offerings that fit into these interest areas include:
- Business Cycles and Forecasting
- Managerial Economics
- Health Economics and Health Policy
- Money and Financial Markets
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Energy and Economics
- Competition and Market Performance
- Human Resource Economics
- Urban Growth and Development
- World Poverty and Economic Development
- International Trade and Finance
- Regional Economies of the World
- Emerging Economies
- Government Finance and Public Policy
- Research Methods
Up to two business courses can be coordinated with economics courses to fulfill specific student objectives.
The major requires the foundation courses of micro and macro economics, six upper level courses, two electives from either economics or business, the economics capstone course, two mathematics courses, and one information systems course.
Family income distribution for students applying for financial aid.
You can afford a Calvin education.
You’ve heard a lot about the high cost of a university education. But a Calvin education is much more affordable than you think. Most Calvin students pay far below the sticker price—and graduate with less debt than you might expect.
A reputation for excellence.
There’s a reason Calvin gets top marks from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and more. Calvin graduates are in demand at grad schools, med schools, and careers in every field.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.