Calvin offers three academic programs in Dutch, the Dutch major, the Netherlandic Studies major and the Dutch minor. You can also study the Dutch language to fulfill core curriculum requirements.
Calvin is proud to be one of only a handful of colleges and universities nationwide that offer a Dutch major and minor program. Our location in Grand Rapids, Michigan—historically a Dutch settlement—also provides the unique advantage of a rich history and thriving community that supports our studies. By combining a strong classroom foundation with deep cultural engagement, Calvin is able to offer a quality education to any student interested in Netherlandic studies.
All the faculty and staff members at Calvin are committed to providing a rigorous, faith-based education. Additionally, Dutch courses typically feature smaller than average class sizes, so you’ll get plenty of personal attention and help when you need it.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.