The Congregational and Ministry Studies department offers a distinctly diverse range of opportunities for students interested in ministry.
CMS-381 is a course in which you will complete 10 hours of work on-site each week, record your insights in reflection papers and journals, and attend a weekly seminar.Non-credit internships
For non-credit internships, the relationship between student and church will be similar to that between a hospital intern and a teaching hospital. It will be an onsite experience with close supervision.
To learn more about for-credit and non-credit internships, make an appointment with Todd Cioffi or visit the career development office.
Ministry Leadership Cohort
- The Ministry Leadership Cohort, an initiative of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, is a two-year program open to incoming Calvin students who show potential for leadership in the local church.
- This program includes an immersive college experience the summer before they begin at Calvin, specially-designed leadership courses, dinners with prominent Calvin leaders and an all-expenses-paid spring break service trip.
- Curious about growing your worship leadership skills while you serve the Calvin community? Consider applying for the Worship Apprentice program.
Symposium on Worship
- The annual Calvin Symposium on Worship is a three-day conference sponsored by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship and the Center for Excellence in Preaching.
Ministry Resource Center
- The center's premier collection of print, digital and audio-visual resources is here to serve Calvin's seminary and congregational ministry students, as well as anyone interested in pursuing ministry studies. The materials in the center's collection are also useful for others such as those in prayer ministries, urban neighborhood ministry, and volunteer services.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.