At Calvin you will always be encouraged to take what you learn inside the classroom and apply it to the world around you every day. Enrich your education by designing sets for a musical, entering a campus film competition, running the school newspaper, or even studying great communicators in the center of American politics—Washington D.C.
From over 60 student-led organizations and clubs, to weekly campus events, to service learning trips and beyond, there is always something to do on campus. Or, go even further: explore internship options in Grand Rapids, or seek out new stories and truths in countries around the globe. Whatever your interests and passions are, we want to help you pursue them in real and meaningul ways.
- An internship can give you the professional experience and real-world application you need to start your career and hone your craft. Work your area of interest and learn from industry leaders, entrepeneurs, and creators who are changing the way people communicate.
- Get out of the classroom and make some personal projects, create something meaningful, work in a dynamic community, and, most of all, have some fun!
- Spending a semester, an interim, or even a spring break abroad will broaden your horizons, introduce you to new ways of thinking, and make your world just a little bit bigger.
- The Media Showcase is a biannual screening event for the presentation of student films—both collaborative class assignments and independent productions.
- It takes more than just actors to make a play. Calvin's theater productions require the combined skills of dozens of creative individuals all working towards a common goal.
60 Second Film Fest
- Tell a story in 60 seconds or less.
Summer Theatre Camps >>
- Calvin theatre camps give high school students the chance to express themselves and boost their confidence. Help children experience the joy of performance, build community in an ensemble, and learn new skills.