Chinese K-12 Education Major
Program Requirements & Opportunities
- Other Details
*Students who have lived in China for at least one year may seek advisor approval for the on-campus history alternate to a semester in China (STCH).
Candidates complete oral proficiency testing prior to student teaching. Discuss this requirement with the Chinese advisor.
Elementary candidates may be certified to teach K-5 all subjects and K-12 Chinese based on completion of the Elementary Education Program and this K-12 major. Elementary candidates complete an elementary Chinese field placement during IDIS 356 and a secondary Chinese field placement during IDIS 357. EDUC 303 aiding and EDUC 345 student teaching are in regular elementary classrooms (candidates are encouraged to teach some Chinese in these placements if at all possible).
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.