Calvin's honors program is comprised of two distinct but related programs: the Honors Scholars and Collegiate Scholars programs. Please visit the Honors website for information about joining one of these programs.
Legacy honors program requirements
Prior to the institution of the current honors program in 2018, the requirements for graduation with honors in chemistry or biochemistry were as follows. (Please note that these requirements no longer apply to students entering the honors program and are listed here for the benefit of students who may have entered the honors program in the past; if you have questions about the current honors program, please contact a faculty advisor.)
- Completion of a major in chemistry or biochemistry with at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Six honors courses (18 hours minimum) overall:
- Three honors courses must be outside of the major
- Only one course may be a cognate
- The other three honors courses must be within the major, and one must be a research course; only ONE may be a 100-level course
- Completion of at least 4 semester hours of research (Chem 395/397). The last must be an honors course, which requires a formal report (reviewed by a committee) and a presentation in the departmental seminar series.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.