Chemistry Secondary Education Major
Gain strong, in-depth preparation in chemistry to teach at a middle and high school level.
With a chemistry secondary education major, you'll graduate ready to help a new generation of students better understand the way the world around them works. You'll be equipped to cultivate critical-thinking skills and a love of science in middle- and high-school students.
Program Requirements & Opportunities
- Other Details
SCES 359-Seminar in Secondary Teaching (3) is taken concurrently with EDUC 346 Directed Teaching: Secondary during the fall semester.
The integrated science major with a chemistry minor is the recommended program for most students. Consult with Professor C. Bruxvoort, integrated science advisor, before completing the declaration of major form.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.