The quality of Calvin's business and accounting programs are most clear when you consider the consistently stellar career results of recent graduating classes. So when you invest four years of your life in one of our programs, you can be confident that your coursework and real-world experiences will translate into future success.
of business and accounting majors get real-world business experience through course consulting projects and internships.
of 2015 business and accounting graduates were employed or in graduate school one year after graduation.
Calvin student CPA exam pass rates consistently rank highly among other colleges with mid-sized accounting programs, such as Vanderbilt, Cornell and University of Chicago. In 2012, Calvin ranked 6th.
How business graduates achieve success
Calvin business and accounting graduates achieve great results in the business world because of the excellent preparation they receive as students. What contributes to their success?
- Professors with corporate experience - Courses are taught by master teachers with years of professional experience at companies such as JP Morgan, Spartan Stores, Domino's, Sears, Merrill Lynch, Deloitte, Zondervan and Steelcase.
- Real-world learning in courses - All business and accounting majors get real-world experience through project-based learning in courses. In these courses, you will act as a consultant help real companies and organizations solve business problems.
- Internship connections - Working in a region with a growing economy means companies are looking for young professional talent equipped with the quality education that Calvin provides.
- Regular networking opportunities - Calvin's business department and Career Development office offer regular career networking events to introduce you to professionals in your field.
- Faculty connections - Professors maintain strong connections to the local and global business community and will connect you to career opportunities at great companies.
A few possible careers in business
Business major job titles
Sales account manager
Personal financial advisor
- Human Resources
Human resources associate
Talent acquisition associate
Compensation and benefits associate
Human resources consultant
Social media coordinator
Marketing research analyst
Quality assurance agent
Supply chain manager/analyst
Accounting major job titles
- Financial Analyst
- Property Sales and Use Tax Analyst
- Capital Assets Accountant
- Congressional Aide
- Corporate Tax Accountant
- Financial Assistant
- Financial Auditor
- Program Cost Schedule and Control Analyst
- Staff Accountant/Auditor
- Staff Tax Accountant
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Tax Analyst
- Tax and Audit Staff
- Accounting Software Implementation Representative